shadow_tr

Follow Us On

Announcements

Did you know?

Steps for Planning an Event

The planning of an event is fun and can allow for a great deal of creativity. The following is a guide to planning a successful event. We strongly suggest you start planning several weeks prior to your event and inform us as soon as possible of your event even if all details are not finalized.  This allows ample time for any special arrangements, which your event may require. Prices are subject to change, please contact the catering office for current pricing and availability.  For a complete list of policies, please visit the policies page at www.tulanecatering.catertrax.com

  1. Reserve the room for your event with the Reservations Office of the University Center. The number is (504) 865-5196.
  2. Contact the Olive Blue office at (504) 865-5254 or catering@tulane.edu.  Menu options can be found at wwww.tulanecatering.catertrax.com or we can provided suggestions and custom menus.
  3. When you contact the office, please have the following information readily at hand:
    • Name of the group hosting the event
    • Name of the event coordinator
    • Address, phone and fax number
    • Event date
    • Number of participants
    • Event location
    • Beginning and ending times
    • Budget parameters
    • Menu ideas
  4. You will need to create an account at www.tulanecatering.catertrax.com.  You can order catering directly from this site or by calling the catering office.  Once all details are finalized, you will receive a banquet event order confirming the details. This event form is a confirmation of the details arranged for your event. Upon receipt of the event form, you should review all of the items listed and click the green confirmation button in the email provided.  This will serve as your contractual agreement. 
  5. Your final guest count must be turned in a minimum of 72 hours prior to your event.  Certain events require a 5 day guarantee.  Any changes to the count after receipt of the contract may be subject to additional charges.
  6. Important points to know about event planning:
    • All outside groups (those groups who do not possess a University Account #) events will require an 80% deposit one week prior to the event. The remaining 20% will be due three business days prior to the event. These groups are also responsible for the appropriate taxes.  If the group is tax exempt, the appropriate expemption form must be provided at the time of booking.
    • Any food or beverage items left from an event are the property of the catering department. Due to Federal and State liabilities, no food or beverage is permitted to leave the event.
bottom icons

Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 website@tulane.edu